“INFRASTRUCTURE IN BULGARIAN MOUNTAIN VILLAGES”
Pro Rodopi Foundation, Bostina (Bulgaria) – contact Petar Todorov at email@example.com
In the small village of Bostina (120 inhabitants) where Pro Rodoi Art Centre is located since 2004, the street infrastructure is in an inacceptable state. This reflects the situation of many mountain villages, which are not a priority of public investments. There is currently no chance to receive financial support from either the municipality or state to improve the streets condition in the village in the near future.
The A-team’s task will be to support the local community in finding creative solutions to dealing with this problem through initiating artistic actions and participation.
Specific objectives are:
- to strengthen the relationship between the Pro Rodopi Foundation and the village inhabitants
- to foster the village inhabitants understanding of the value of art
- to involve at least 30 village inhabitants in the project
- to organise a final festive event which will involve media coverage
- to faciliate a dialogue with the mayor of Smolyan (administrative centre) on the issue